The EI Data Scientist is will be a key contributor on an Executive-level Department of Defense Analytic team, leveraging knowledge of data science, methodologies, and processing techniques to support analytics and gather data from disparate Federal, Defense and public databases in support of Major Weapon System acquisition and program management. As the Data Scientist, you will work directly with Department leadership and diverse analytical research cell.
- Leveraging technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, providing process efficiencies, or addressing a pressing business problem.
- Apply expertise in computer science, software development, and the latest technologies to design and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations.
- Leverage knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts, computer science, or domain to bridge the gap between technologists and mathematicians, ensuring analytical and reporting capabilities and software solutions meet analytic requirements.
- Look for and propose additional analytical opportunities; support further refinement of analytical use cases.
- Document and visualize data both temporally and spatially, and present data to managers.
- Create and provide informational briefings that are required to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders.
- Investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support data analytics efforts and stay current with evolving technologies and capabilities.
- Complete ad hoc data extract and reporting tasks as requested by organizational leaders.
- Perform data extracts and loads from source data systems to analytical data stores.
- Work with business leaders to solve business problems by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results.
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other business-related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience, DoD/Federal Government experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Experience interacting with Senior Leadership
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Secret Security Clearance and above for this role
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Data modeling tools: Microsoft Visio
- Big data and cloud processing experience
- Experience working in a cloud based environment
- Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Return to Careers Page